Job Types: Full-time
Salary: £5.50 per hour- higher than national apprenticeship wage
Hours could be between Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00
We are looking for Warehouse Assistants to join our team.
We are looking for the right person with the right skills, to join our ever-expanding company.
What is the role?
- Using Forklifts to load and unload wagons of flooring products that are delivered out daily.
- Ensure all goods are accounted for and loaded correctly.
- Pick all the carpets and place into the racking locations that match the labels
- Using RF stock guns to scan goods onto wagons.
- Adhering to and upholding strict Health and Safety standards
- Communicating with supervisors when stock isn’t up to standard.
- Picking stock
Who are we looking for?
- Pride and care in your own work.
- Good organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, positive, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Quick and effective problem solver
- Work well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines.
- Someone who can work in a physically demanding environment.
This role involves manual handling. Training will be given.
As part of the apprenticeship, you will need to complete your Functional skills if you do not already have your Maths and English at GCSE Level.
You will complete Warehousing Level 2 as part of the role, the training will be provided by Optimum skills.