Reports to (Job title): The Designated Report, The Head of Food & Beverage Service and ultimately the General Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
Sub-department: F&B Service
Primary Focus of the Function: Focus is on technical expertise and individual contribution
(Individual contribution – the position is focused on technical expertise rather than people, project or process management)
The Waitress / Waiter supports the strategic plans and objectives of the Food Service Department and all Hotel Operations. The function should be supportive, hands-on, methodical and business-focused; creating memorable moments for our guests, taking ownership for assigned activities whilst collaborating closely with their immediate report and key business partners in order to deliver quality results. The job incumbent acts as an ambassador for the brand, reflecting the company culture and values. All work is carried out in accordance with company corporate policies, procedures and service concepts according to local requirements and regulations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and assist in the smooth running of the food & beverage department, where all aspects of the guest food & beverage service experience are delivered to the highest levels, ensuring both property and company standards are attained and adhered to.
- Takes responsibility for the duties and tasks assigned to the role, ensuring that all work is carried out in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maximize guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution.
- Support and deliver on the strategies and objectives of the food service department taking ownership for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develops and builds own skills, knowledge and experience at every opportunity within the food service department, which aligns with the culture of growth, development and performance expected by the company.
- Collaborates with the Head of Department, ensuring that departmental inventory is maintained, that productivity targets are achieved and performance levels are attained.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, communicating with key stakeholders whilst promoting the company culture and values.
- Ensures adherence to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required.
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience in a food and beverage service
- Ability to adapt to changing service environments
- Pro-active with a hands-on approach
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to manage work ensuring that tasks assigned are delivered
- Ability to find creative solutions, offering recommendations
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Good IT skills
- Experience of using IT Systems on various platforms
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels within the department
- An open and positive personality
- Ability to handle challenging priorities and assignments
I hereby agree to the responsibilities and job functions detailed in the above job description. I am also aware that these duties are not exhaustive and may be modified and amended in line with responsibilities of this role at any time and I may be required to perform other activities, including in other departments, according to the needs of the Hotel.