A local school are looking to appoint a facilities apprentice to help the caretaker with the general maintenance of the school grounds. There are 14 different sections of the grounds, the school is very big with good surrounds which requires a lot of upkeep. They are currently having a lot of work done which you as the apprentice will help to maintain.
This school is a school with children with different kind of disabilities, you need to have a good understanding of the environment you will be working in.
All training will be provided by Optimum Skills within the workplace.
- To carry out the general functions as specified in the Caretaking Staff Handbook and also any other duties as the Headteacher may reasonably request from time to time.
- To work alongside the cleaning staff and ensure that the school premises are cleaned in accordance with the cleaning specification.
- To advise the Headteacher/ School Business Manager when the need arises for repairs and maintenance to the premises, grounds and furnishings to ensure safe conditions at all times.
- To ensure the general security and safety of the school’s premises and grounds.
- To undertake general porterage duties.
- To carry out first line repairs and maintenance
- To have a commitment to energy efficiency.
- To assume responsibility on occasions for the maintenance of the hydrotherapy pool under the direction of DCC.
- To be responsible for the upkeep of the school grounds.
- Little bit of life experience
- To have resilience
- Able to take instruction
- Understand the environment you will be going into
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: From £4.15 per hour