Family orientated nursery set in a beautifully refurbished property. Operating for nearly 20 years in the heart of Darlington we place a very high emphasis on providing a happy, relaxed and safe environment where play, fun and enjoyment go hand-in-hand with learning and discovery for the children in our care.
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
- To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- To develop partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Nursery Manager
- To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times. ·
- To help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments.
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
Salary: £3.90 /hour
- Support to complete the Early Years Apprenticeship
- Functional skills training support (if required)
- Mandatory safeguarding training
- First Aid
- Other workplace training support
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work with children and their families
Future employment is likely once apprenticeship has been fully completed.