30 hours per week over 6 days Mon-Sat
National minimum wage representative of age
About the employer
We are a family run butcher operating in Esh Winning, County Durham. As we ourselves live within walking distance from our shops, we know what is important to our customers. We have a lot of history in Esh Winning, as we also own a Bakery. From here we provide homemade baked goods. We are looking to hire the perfect candidate to work as a counter assistant in our busy bakery shop.
What is the role?
- Working hand in hand with the bakers to ensure stock rotation and fresh goods are on display.
- Welcoming customers into the shop.
- Working on the till, handling cash and card transactions.
- Giving advice to customers when needed.
- Giving general customer service, including taking telephone calls and greeting customers at the counter.
- Helping other staff members when needed.
- Keeping the counter area clean and tidy.
- Abiding by health and safety, always.
Who are we looking for?
- Good customer service
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Good organisational skills
- Hard working