A local family butchers which have been trading for a long time and are able to offer excellent training, knowledge passed down from generations with proven techniques.
- Serving Customer
- Keeping work areas clean
- Abiding by health and safety, always
- Learning how to weigh and cut mean effectively
- Safety-conscious approach.
- Good practical butchery skills and hand-eye.
- Good spatial awareness/judgement.
- Mental arithmetic skills.
- Attention to detail and dexterity.
- An interest in meat and meat preparation, and food in general.
- communication and customer service
- practical skills to work with knives and machinery.
- maths skills for handling payments.
- the ability to work well in a team.
- in-depth knowledge of meat products.
- creativity to present and display meat.
Weekly Hours: 30 to 35 hours per week with some Saturday work.
Salary: £3.90 per hour
Progression Opportunities: Future employment will be likely for the right candidate at the end of their apprenticeship.