Optimum Skills are working with a local family butchers, which have been trading for a long time and able to offer excellent training, knowledge passed down from generations with proven techniques.
- Serving Customers
- Keeping work areas clean
- Abiding by health and safety, always
- Learning how to weigh and cut meat effectively
- Safety-conscious approach.
- Good practical butchery skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Good spatial awareness/judgement.
- Mental arithmetic skills.
- Attention to detail and dexterity.
- An interest in meat and meat preparation, and food in general.
- communication and customer service skills.
- practical skills to work with knives and machinery.
- maths skills for handling payments.
- the ability to work well in a team.
- in-depth knowledge of meat products.
- creativity to present and display meat.
- 35 hours per week
- Monday to Wednesday 7am until 3pm
- Thursday 6:30am to 2:30am
- Friday 6am to 2pm
Future Prospects: Full-time employment will be offered to the successful apprentice once the course has been completed
Weekly Wage: £3.90 /week