A family orientated butchers based in Ravensworth, North Yorkshire, are currently looking to hire an Apprentice Butcher. No experienced required however an interest in the industry would help! The role will involve the handling, preparing and packaging of raw meat products along with communicating with customers on a daily basis. The company have a well established, traditional stock style farm. It is largely self sufficient with little impact on the environment.
- Serving customers
- Handling raw meat products
- Cutting and weighing
- Keeping work areas clean
- Abiding by health and safety
- Cash handling and taking payments over counter
- Working primarily with pork, beef and lamb
- Support with other day-to-day tasks
You will gain qualifications in:
- Level 2 Butcher (Standard)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (if not already achieved)
- Knife Skills
- Food Hygiene
- Health & Safety in the Food Supply Chain
Personal Qualities you will need:
- People person
- Good team skills
- Good coordination
The role is full time offering between 37 – 40 hours per week.
Social distancing procedures have been implemented within the shop environment to ensure staff safety.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £4.15 per hour