About the company
Shildon, Co. Durham based outdoor product innovations company. We design interesting new products to solve modern lifestyle problems. We have them manufactured in the Far East and then market and sell them to consumers and also business customers in the UK and internationally. Over the past 13 years, we have developed a number of products and brands including the Bike Cave, TidyTent, CampaCave, CultiCave, Buggy Brolly, Witch Umbrella, Heart Umbrella, Prop-a-Plant, Anka Point, HideyHood, HortiHood, PitchPal, BivvyBrolly and PINPOD. We also sell over 1000 different types of umbrellas. For more information about our company check out some of our websites: www.UmbrellaHeaven.com; www.BuggyBrolly.com; www.SplashInnovations.com; www.CaveInnovations.com; www.PinPod.com.
- New product listing, content management and editing of various e-commerce websites – platforms include WooCommerce / WordPress and Opencart.
- New product listing, content management and editing of product listings on various e-commerce marketplaces, e.g. Amazon, eBay and others.
- Administration of product listings on “Linnworks” stock control and website/marketplace integration system.
- Search Engine Optimisation and other web marketing activities.
- Creation, preparation and editing of digital images – familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator or similar would be useful.
- Assist with social network marketing, newsletter/email marketing campaigns.
- Able to offer creative input to the design of promotional materials, brochures, Point
- Mainly office based – some customer contact via telephone and email. Self-motivation important. Able to work on own initiative.
- General office administration including customer enquiries, sales order processing, returns processing, liaising with warehouse, couriers and transport companies, stock management/reordering of stock and stationery.
- Must be able to make a good cup of tea – oh and we’ve got a company dog so be aware (no allergies!)
Working week: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Expected apprenticeship duration: 15 months
- Literate and numerate – very good standard of written English – good telephone voice and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player – flexible attitude to work. Able to adapt and fit in with culture of young entrepreneurial start-up company. Cover for other team members, e.g. customer service/sales order processor, warehousing when busy or on holidays
- High level of PC and software skills – usual Microsoft programmes such as Outlook, Word, Exel, Powerpoint. Also image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, etc.
Future full-time employment is likely upon completion of the apprenticeship.