Brief overview of the role
The role will be to work alongside a consultant processing the business for mortgages, liaising with lenders, providers and sales support. And also to provide day to day administrative support to the office by completing administrative duties to help the function run in a smooth and efficient manner.
- To be the first point of contact for anyone calling in.
- Completing and sending off applications for mortgages, pensions and investments.
- Continue to develop your knowledge of the sector and progress through exams.
- Process client requests through post, email and telephone ensuring you know where to find the necessary information.
- Chasing applicants and providers for documentation to make sure deadlines are met.
- Supporting colleagues and clients to achieve a set target/goal.
- Updating valuations and information within client portfolios to ensure they are performing as they should.
- Maintain a high standard of work keeping within deadlines.
- Arrange regular client meetings for the financial adviser.
Working week: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Wage: £3.90 per hour
Expected apprenticeship duration: 13 months
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Good IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel
- Good organisational skills and manage and prioritise workloads when needed
- High levels of detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task
- Maintain high standard of work at all times
- Can work on projects and tasks individually and have the judgement to ask for help when needed
- You will have (or have been predicted) at least five GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade A-C including English and Mathematics.
- A passion for developing a career in finance
- Integrity and trust
- Good judgement
Future full-time employment is likely once you have completed the Apprenticeship