We have an exciting apprenticeship opportunity for an apprentice to join a leading North East company based in Newburn. The company have over 30 years of experience and expertise in the sector we are looking for an apprentice to join the team with the likelihood of future full-time employment once apprenticeship and training have been completed. This apprenticeship will suit a candidate looking to learn administrative duties but also finance – while your qualification will be in administration some of your work duties will be finance lead. As an apprentice, your job role will build slowly and your responsibilities will grow as you learn more and grow professionally. You will always have a mentor available should you have any questions during your day to day work processes.
To assist with the general running of administration of the company as well as training with the finance manager to help with the book keeping.
- Update internal reports on Word and Excel
- Assist with computerised stock control system
- All general business administration (including emails, filing, scanning)
- Data entry and reconciliations for the finance department
- Answering and correctly directing incoming calls
Working week: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Wage: £3.90 per hour
Expected apprenticeship duration: 15 months
- Good communications skills both on the telephone and in person
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent people skills to be able to adapt to all levels and age groups
- A keenness to develop in an office environment, both with finance and administration
Future full-time employment is likley upon completion of apprenticeship.