To manage a book of business of existing clients and develop a pipeline of new business in relation to commercial insurance, whilst ensuring full FCA compliance.
To generate revenue for the business and ensure a quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure all Key Performance Indicators are achieved (new business, renewals, cross selling, renewal/retention ratio and overall profitability) and are attained compliantly with FCA regulation.
accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both client and
- Prospect new leads
- Client visit/initial contact
- Identification of needs
- Negotiation and presentation to insurers in order to secure most appropriate cover for the client
- Presentation of recommendations and cover to the client
- Closing the sale and ensuring cover is on risk
- Securing cross selling business and referrals
- Monitor own sales performance in line with targets and effectively manage the client portfolio
- When transacting business, be conscious of profitability to both the underwriters and the brokerage, and costs of client handling (including the scheduling of client visits).
- Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and company procedures as detailed in the compliance manual – use checklists and support documentation as provided by the company to assist with demonstrating compliance.
- Handle any complaints in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for development as required.
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards at all times.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all clients and ensure expert advice in all areas of business.
- Liaising with the Account Handler when applicable
aware of the contents of the company’s Compliance Manual and ensure a full
understanding of the following chapters, as a direct relation to the role.
Ensure full compliance to the procedures contained within the Manual:
- Commercial Business
- General conduct of business
- Training and Competence
- Consumer Business
- Conflicts of Interest
- Whistle Blowing
- Financial Crime
- Data Security
- Record Keeping
- Ensure compliance to the company’s employment policies and procedures as contained with [the Employee Handbook].
- Ensure all other company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to.
Treating Customers Fairly:
- All employees are responsible for engaging with the senior management of the firm in ensuring that our customers are consistently treated fairly and for observing all of the firm’s TCF procedures.
- Attend supervision sessions, team and management meetings as appropriate.
- Attend in house training and external training courses as agreed.
Insurer / Underwriters:
- Develop and maintain effective and valuable relationships with insurers and underwriters for the benefit of the company and its clients.
- Comply with the administration requirement of any given insurer.
- Assimilate all company literature circulated by the firm or its agencies.
- Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems, to Dan Robinson & Lee Robinson
- Ensure personal data (client and employee) is secure, held and properly utilised in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
- Work at all times within strict confidentiality guidelines and the principals of the Data Protection Act (1998)
- Prioritise all client communication and ensure it is actioned in a timely way and in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain all computer and paper files in accordance with company standards (which should be fully compliant with FCA).
- Ensure the Health and Safety manual is followed and the office is kept clear and presentable, clear of obstructions at all times, ensuring that all deliveries, parcels, post and messages are given to the appropriate person promptly.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
- Perform any other duties as required
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Wage: £3.90 per hour
Expected apprenticeship duration: 13 months
Future full-time employment is likely once the apprentice has completed the apprenticeship.