A Durham based alternative education provider company are looking for an apprentice to join their team. Mainstream secondary education is not for everyone and to help those that find it difficult, this company provide an alternative, teaching GCSE maths and English. They also provide in and outdoor activities, from bowling to go carting.
The apprentice will assist in classroom support, breakfast and lunch preparation, activity facilitating and admin duties.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the organisation
- Leasing with Schools and transport companies through Telephone and email
- Assisting in preparing basic meals (Toast/Sandwiches)
- Supervising Pupils (13 – 16 Years)
- Classroom Assisting (GCSE Maths and English Lessons)
- Working with pupils on a 1-2-1 basis
- Report writing
- Assisting with admin duties when required
- Attendance Management
- Monitoring pupils always, from arrival until departure
- Monitoring pupils Transport arrival and departure
- House Keeping (COVID clean down etc)
- Assisting, monitoring, and Facilitating with indoor and outdoor activities
- Support staff in all areas of the business
- Exam invigilator (Mock and GCSE)
- Must be organised with a neat and tidy approach
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A-C including English Language, Maths
- Knowledge of computers (Excel, Word, Email & Social Media)
- Good communication skills for dealing with clients and staff
- Ability to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- Willing to learn other practical roles within the business to assist other departments
- Valid DBS (Can be obtained after appointment)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and develop their business administration, by supporting in the running of 3 different onsite areas of the business.
Wage – £4.15 per hour
Monday – Friday – min 30 hours start / finish times to be agreed at offer of position.
Normal opening hours between 8.30am – 4.30pm
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship